BAM’s mission is to provide dynamic and meaningful Arts programming to Berwyn youth that promotes arts exploration, community involvement and creative skill development.
Berwyn Arts & Music achieves this mission by:
- Developing impactful arts classes/workshops/camps for youth in grades 1-12 in the areas of Visual Art, Acting, Music, Dance etc.
- Engaging skilled working artists as instructors who provide meaningful lessons and activities that foster skill development and arts exploration.
- Establishing meaningful partnerships with Berwyn organizations and schools that serve youth.
- Developing symbiotic relationships with local organizations, businesses and the city of Berwyn that create opportunities for youth engagement in the community.
- Facilitating public art projects, exhibitions, showcases and performances.
- Partnering with area colleges to recruit student volunteers, interns and instructors.
- Creating an instructor enrichment training program that establishes a common core of values, philosophy and approach to arts instruction.